This Easy Vegetable Fried Rice makes a great vegan-friendly side dish or meal.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Top with spring onions
- Place 1 cup rice and 2 cups water into a sauce pot. Turn on to high. Once the water comes to a boil turn to the lowest setting and cook simmer for 25 minutes. Let rice set overnight.
- In saute pan or wok, add one tablespoon olive oil. Turn to medium heat. Add in rice, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with spring onions.
For best results cook the rice and then leave out overnight. The rice will dry out and be better for stir frying.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Rice
Keywords: dinner, side dish, veggies, easy recipe, rice, fried rice, soy sauce, ginger, veggie rice, vegan,