This Easy Crawfish Boil recipe turns out juicy, spicy, and amazing with the BOIL BOSS!
- 6 gallons of water
- 1– 12 oz bottle of liquid crab boil
- 1 large bag of powdered Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil plus 1- 16 oz. bag
- 2 Louisiana Shrimp & Crab boiling bags
- 35 lbs of live Crawfish
- 5 lemons, cut in half
- 6 onions, cut in half
- 6 Garlic, whole
- 1 container of mushrooms
- 2 pounds of sausage, cut into thirds
- 1 bag small red potatoes with netting
- 5 fresh ears of corn
- 1– 16 oz. bottle lemon juice
- 1– 10.5 oz container garlic powder
- 1– 10.5 oz container onion powder
- 1– pineapple cut in half
- 6 oranges cut in half
- Boil Boss
- Water hose
- Food thermometer
- In a large ice chest rinse crawfish and soak them for 2 or 3 minutes, drain and repeat until the water runs clear.
- Using a water hose put 6 gallons of water into a boiling pot with a strainer basket.
- Add 1- 12 oz bottle of liquid crab boil, 1 large bag plus 1- 16 oz bag of powdered Shrimp & Crab Boil, 2 crab and shrimp boiling bags, garlic powder, onion powder, and lemon juice to the pot. Bring pot to a boil for 7 minutes.
- Next add sausage, potatoes, lemons, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir.
- Add pineapples and corn on the cob (fresh or if frozen make sure corn is defrosted). Return pot to a boil and add the crawfish.
- When pot comes to a boil check the temperature it should be 212 degrees.
- Turn burner off when boil reaches 212 degrees. Attach the boil boss and turn water on.
- Add your oranges and juice from the oranges. Stir the pot and crawfish continuously for 3-5 minutes until temp reaches 150 degrees. Make sure to check temp periodically.
- Remove Boil Boss and let crawfish soak 15-20 minutes. Taste crawfish several times to see if spice is to your liking.
- Take crawfish out of boiling pot and enjoy some juicy delicious crawfish!
We used Louisiana Fish Fry Products but, you can use your favorite crawfish boil seasoning like Zatarain’s or Frog Bone.
- Category: Crawfish Boil
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: Boil Boss, Crawfish, Seafood, Seafood Boil, Cajun Crawfish Boil, Louisiana Crawfish Boil, Easy Crawfish Boil, Crawfish Boil, Crawfish Boil Party, Crawfish Boil with Boil Boss, How to Boil Crawfish, How to Boil Crawfish with Boil Boss