White Acrylic Paint
Super Glue & Craft Glue
Needle Nose Pliers
Cookie Sheet Lined with Foil
2. Remove the Polymer Clay from the package and knead. Place the kneaded clay onto a clean cutting mat. Using a rolling pin roll the clay flat into a circle. Make sure the circle is 1″ inch thick. Using the tips of your fingers smooth out cracks. (I laid wax paper on top of my cutting board.)
3. Cut out Mickey Mouse using the cookie cutter. Using a sharp knife cut clay from around the outside of the cookie cutter and carefully remove the shape pushing downward.
4. Take the wire you set aside and carefully push it through the bottom of the clay shape. Don’t rush this step. Make sure the wire comes out at the top of the Mickey Mouse head. You can straighten the wire as you do this step slowly. (smooth out cracks with tips of your fingers.)
5. Flip the shape over onto the backside. Using the tip of an eraser press the Polymer Clay around the opening and closing of the wire. Make sure the Mickey Mouse shape doesn’t move up or down.
6. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Place the Mickey Mouse and wire on a cookie sheet lined with foil in the oven for 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Please don’t touch it will be hot!!
7. Cover the Mickey Mouse shape with painter’s tape and spray paint the wire white. Let the paint dry and remove the tape. Touch up spots with white acrylic paint or use white out.
8. Slip beads onto the wire and carefully glue into place using super glue. Let dry. Kim’s note- I painted two white stars black. I couldn’t find black stars at the craft stores.
9. Wrap painter’s tape around the top half of the paper cup and spray paint the bottom half with red paint. Let dry and remove the tape. (I used Poppy Red paint from Home Depot.) Use white acrylic paint or a white paint marker to paint two round circles on the red part of cup for Mickey Mouse’s buttons.
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.