Crawfish Omelette Egg Cups is a great way to start the day off with a grab and go protein-packed breakfast.
- 10 Eggs
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican Blend)
- 2 Cups Peeled Crawfish Tails, deveined
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Small Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 3/4 Cup Celery, Chopped Finely
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder (to your liking)
- Cajun Seasoning (to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Next, spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat in a medium size skillet. Add cut-up veggies. Saute veggies until tender and translucent.
Lower heat to low, add crawfish. Stir veggies and crawfish together. Cook for 1 minute. Then set skillet with crawfish and veggies aside.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and seasoning. Set aside. Next, using a teaspoon scoop some of the crawfish and vegetable mixture into each muffin cup.
- Use teaspoon to scoop shredded cheese evenly over the crawfish in each of the 12-muffin cups.
Pour the egg mixture into a large measuring cup (at least a 4 cup). Using the measuring cup divide egg mixture among the prepared muffin pan. Then stir the mixture with a fork.
Bake the egg cups for 20-22 minutes until eggs are set and turning golden brown around the edges.
Remove the crawfish egg bites from the oven and let cool. Use a knife to go around the edges of each muffin cup to make removing the egg bites easier.
Serve the omelette egg cups while warm!
Place aluminum foil at the bottom of the oven to catch any drippings from the egg cups.
A bag of cooked and peeled crawfish tails can be purchased from a grocery store, if you don’t have leftover crawfish from a boil.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: breakfast, egg bites, crawfish, seafood, brunch, eggs, easy recipe, omelettes, muffin cups, crawfish recipe,