These crispy and tasty Crab Balls are chock full of crab meat and veggies. They’re fried to golden brown perfection and make a great appetizer or meal.
- 1 lb. crab claw meat, picked and shells removed
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- quart cooking oil
- medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- medium bell pepper, chopped
- Cajun seasoning or Old Bay
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add veggies cook until tender.
- Add crab meat. The heat will loosen any shells left behind. Pick shells out and discard them.
- Cook crab meat until warm 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Turn off fire, let crab meat cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 3 well beaten eggs, 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs, and seasoning. Add more Italian bread crumbs if needed. Stir until the crab meat, eggs, seasoning, and bread crumbs are mixed together!
- Shape crab ball mixture into ping pong size balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Should make 24-30 balls.
- Roll balls in plain bread crumbs. Heat cooking oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry 4-5 balls at a time in deep fryer until brown. Please be careful when cooking with hot oil.
- Once crab balls are brown about 3 minutes, carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and place onto a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: crabs, seafood, fried crabs, easy recipe, appetizer, finger food, snack, cajun, crispy crabs, deep fried crabs, party food,