The flavor and smell were incredible. The chicken came out roasted juicy and moist. It was simple to make and easy to clean up!
I used my Romertopf Clay Baker that I bought at a garage sale fourteen years ago.
Make sure to presoak the baker in water for 15- 20 minutes before use to generate and maintain moisture.
While I was picking the rosemary, my little boy decided to pick fennel and green onions.
I wasn’t planning on using the three different herbs together. My son was excited.
I didn’t want to disappoint him. Surprisingly, the food was excellent, and I love that we mixed herbs that I usually wouldn’t.
what’s in Clay Baker Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- (1) 4-5 lb. whole chicken
- 6-8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 15+ baby carrots
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-3 sprigs fresh fennel
- 2/3 cup green onions
- olive oil
- garlic powder
how to make Clay Baker Roasted Rosemary Chicken
- Rinse and dry chicken . I ‘ve read that now your not suppose to rinse your chicken it’s up to you.
- Put vegetables and herbs in a bowl and set 1 sprig rosemary to the side.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic into the bowl with the vegetables and herbs and toss with a little olive oil.
- Then pour evenly into the bottom of the clay baker making sure your rosemary is on top. I broke my fennel in pieces and a little of the rosemary, too.
- Place your chicken in the empty bowl you used for the herbs and vegetables toss with a little olive oil and rub the rosemary you set aside all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic. Place chicken on top of your vegetables .
- Place baker in cold oven and turn temp to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake covered 1 hour . Remove cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes or until skin is brown and chicken is done.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving.
Notes: You can add your favorite vegetables to make this one pot meal. Always presoak baker before using it. Allow to cool before cleaning and never use soap , only warm water.