- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 7 mozzarella sticks, cut into 32 pieces
- 64 mini pepperonis, cut into fourths
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sea salt
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- marinara sauce, warmed for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Keep crescent rolls refrigerated until needed.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 32 pieces and set aside.
- Cut mini pepperonis into fourths and set aside.
- On a flour surface lay out dough and pinch seams together, cut into 32 even rectangle pieces.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a piece of cheese and some pepperoni pieces onto each rectangle piece. Form balls around the cheese and pepperoni pieces. Roll into a smooth ball, using your fingers make sure each dough ball is sealed.
- Place dough balls seams facing down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Arrange balls into a Christmas Tree shape.
- Brush dough with eggs. Sprinkle salt over entire tree, then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Melt butter and brush over the top of the tree.
- Scatter the basil all over the Christmas Tree bread and serve with warm marinara sauce.
You can prepare it and then place in fridge until ready to bake.
Keywords: Christmas, Appetizer, Bread