This simple and delicious, Southwestern-style chicken taco pasta is a quick and hearty meal that the whole family will love.
- 1lb chicken tenders; boneless skinless
- 16 oz. box bow tie pasta
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1 – 15 oz. can mixed chili beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion; diced
- 2 tomatoes; diced
- 1 large avocado; diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- In a cast iron skillet add olive oil, and set to medium heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done in center. Next, dice the chicken, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cook pasta as directed on the box and drain. Place pasta into the bowl with the chicken.
- Pour in beans (do not drain beans). Add in diced onion and tomatoes. Shake the taco seasoning over the top and toss the entire mixture well.
- Pour in the beans (do not drain beans). Add in diced onion and tomatoes. Shake the taco seasoning over the top and toss the entire mixture well.
- Add in avocado and cheese. Toss lightly.
You can substitute the bow tie pasta for a gluten-free pasta. Make sure to cook the pasta according to the package.
To make this recipe gluten-free use a GF free taco seasoning and pasta.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: dinner, family meal, taco, chicken, pasta, easy recipe, avocados, beans, cheese, comfort food