This recipe for Chicken Fried Chicken is large pieces of thin skinless, boneless breast meat that’s battered and fried to a deep golden brown perfection.
- 1 large (big fat) chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream (buttermilk can also be used)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Seasoning of choice
- I use Cajun Seasoning. But sometimes use salt and 2 teaspoons paprika along with the salt.
- Oil for frying
- Add oil to the frying pan or cast iron skillet. Set between a 4 and 6 in heat. Low to medium low. Let it heat up for a few minutes especially if it’s cast iron.
- Place flour in one bowl and heavy cream or buttermilk in the second bowl. Set aside.
- Next, put chicken on a cutting board and cut lengthwise into four of five long pieces. Large chicken breasts will make four to five steaks. Beat out the chicken with a kitchen mallet.
- Now your going to double dip. Dip chicken into the whipping cream or buttermilk and then into the flour making sure the flour coats the chicken well. Then repeat. Whipping Cream or Buttermilk then flour.
- Place chicken two at a time into the skillet. Cook each side until the breading is a golden brown.
- To keep warm while cooking the rest either place in the oven with setting at the lowest oven temperature. You can place the steaks in a casserole dish. Or you can place on a dish and then microwave 2 minutes when all the steaks are done to make sure they are the right temperature.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken fried chicken, chicken steaks, chicken recipe, crispy fried chicken, pan fried chicken, easy recipe, dinner,