Cheesy Tomato Bread is an easy and delicious appetizer made with french bread, fresh tomatoes, basil, and lots of cheese.
- 12 cherry tomatoes or more, halved
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup basil, thinly chopped plus extra for garnishing
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to your liking
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice french bread into 1/4 inch round slices. Place bread slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place butter in a glass mixing bowl. Melt in microwave.
- Mince garlic cloves then add to melted butter. Using a basting brush slather the garlic butter mixture on the top, bottom, and all sides of the bread slices.
- Thinly chopped the basil and sprinkle 3/4 cup over the buttered french bread. Bake bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the bread slices are baking in the oven place the cherry tomato halves in a bowl. Toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Once you remove the bread slices from the oven sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese over the bread. Top each bread slice with 2-3 tomato slices. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven when the cheese is melted and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tomato bread. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are cooked.
- Remove the cheesy tomato bread slices from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve while warm. Enjoy!
You could use sliced tomatoes if you don’t have cherry tomatoes.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable, tomatoes, garlic, cheesy, bread, french bread, tomato bread, appetizer, lunch, brunch, holiday