Easy Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Broccoli Pasta cooked in one-pan. Perfect quick and easy recipe for busy nights!
- 2–3 Cups Kraft Triple Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Small Head Broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1– 13 oz Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Beef Broth (may use water instead)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 10 oz. Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: Cajun Seasoning
- Pour olive oil into a deep skillet.Cook the sausage in the skillet with the olive oil on low heat until the sausage is lightly browned.
- Remove the smoked sausage from the skillet. Saute broccoli and in the pan for 3-4 minutes. You want the broccoli tender but, still crisp.
- Add the smoked sausage, pasta, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper to the skillet with the broccoli. Stir and cover. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream. Stir and push the broccoli down into the sauce. Cover and cook for 12 minutes more. .
- Remove the lid and add 2-3 cups of shredded cheese. Stir the cheese to mix it together with the pasta, sausage, and the broccoli. Simmer for 3 minutes on low heat or until the cheese is melted.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed. We added a little Cajun seasoning to our pasta.
- Serve while hot. Enjoy!
You could substitute chicken for the sausage.
Also, you can use water instead of beef broth.
We used three cups of cheese but, you could use only two.
We also added Cajun seasoning to our pasta recipe. I recommend tasting the pasta before serving it, to see if it needs more seasoning. Use your favorite seasonings or fresh seasoning like diced onions and minced garlic.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dinner, family dinner, easy recipe, one pan, skillet, sausage, smoked sausage, cheese, pasta, egg noodles, broccoli,