Carrot Apple Ambrosia Salad is a sweet and simple side dish that’s perfect to serve at any gathering.
- 1– 10 oz bag shredded carrots, grated or 4 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1– 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- optional: sugar to taste, if desired
- Grate 4 large carrots or grate a bag of shredded carrots by placing them into a food processor set on the pulse setting.
- Once the carrots are grated combine all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl , except the marshmallows.
- Place the carrot mixture into the fridge and chill for 3-4 hours or overnight. Add marshmallows before serving and mix well.
I used a 10 oz bag of shredded carrots and used a food processor on the pulse setting for a few seconds to grate them.
Also, you could use low fat sour cream.
Do not add sugar until the Ambrosia Salad is cold and you have tasted it. It sweetens has it chills. You may not need to use sugar we didn’t.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple carrot salad, ambrosia salad, carrot apple ambrosia, dessert, salad, side dish