These festive Candy Corn Cupcakes is the perfect treat to serve for Halloween. The cupcakes are made from scratch and taste delicious.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter) softened
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract (I used Watkins it’s clear)
- 3/4 heavy cream
- 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup water
- yellow icing color
- orange icing color
- 1– bag candy corn
- orange sugar sprinkles
- yellow sugar sprinkles
- 12 white cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk 3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
Beat the 2 sticks of unsalted butter and the sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on high speed until fluffy. Reduce the mixer and add the eggs one at a time, scrape down the bowl as needed. Stir in the Almond extract.
Mix 1/2 cup water and the 3/4 cup of heavy cream in a bowl. Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 2 batches, alternating the flour mixture and the cream mixture.
Divide the batter into 3 medium bowls about 2 cups in each. Stir in a few drops of yellow icing color into one bowl, stir in a few drops of orange icing color into the second bowl.
Leave the remaining batter white. Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of each colored batter into each muffin cup. Start layering colors for the candy corn beginning with the yellow, orange, then white. Do not stir!!! Each muffin cup should be about three-fourths full.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes then place cupcakes on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
For Frosting :
- Beat together 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening, 1/2 cup butter, and one teaspoon Almond extract together.
- Slowly beat in the sifted confectioners sugar a little bit at a time, add the three tablespoons of milk alternating with the powder sugar until the frosting is fluffy.
- Spread frosting on the cupcakes or use a Dessert Decorator. Sprinkle with the sugar sprinkles and place one candy corn on top of each cupcake.
- Category: Halloween
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: fall, halloween, dessert, candy corn, homemade. party, festive,