- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large green pepper; chopped
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 can 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 can 10 oz. Rotel original
- 2 lbs. uncooked large shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup green onions; chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (save a little for garnishing)
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups hot cooked rice ( cook according to package)
- In a glass bowl place the peeled shrimp and sprinkle with cajun seasoning to your liking. Lightly stir the shrimp and set aside.
- Using a large skillet, add celery, green onion, bell pepper, garlic, and onions in the oil. Saute until tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, can of Rotel, parsley, (leave a little parsley for garnishing) and hot sauce. Bring to a boil.Reduce heat and let simmer 12 minutes -15 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t stick.
- Stir in the shrimp and let cook until the shrimp turn pink and the tails curl about 4 -5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
May use frozen shrimp if thawed before using in the recipe. I used large brown fresh shrimp.