This Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta is chock full of smoked sausage and chicken in a creamy, cheesy cajun sauce.
- 1 lb. Smoke Sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Tenders, cubed
- 8 oz. Penne Pasta
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- Medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- Medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 stick plus 1 tbsp.Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp.Minced Garlic
- Garlic Powder to your liking
- 1 tbsp.plus extra Cajun Seasoning
- Parsley, chopped for garnishing (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package and drain the water when done.
- Slice sausage into 1/2 circles and cube chicken.
- Put olive oil in a skillet. Once skillet is heated cook the sausage and chicken.
- Dice the bell peppers and onions.Melt one tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Add the the minced garlic and vegetables, saute on low heat until tender. Drain any liquid.
- Sprinkle a little garlic powder and cajun seasoning over the meat. Stir and remove meat from skillet.
- Melt half stick of butter in the skillet and slowly add a cup of whipping cream, a little at a time. Stir in one tablespoon of cajun seasoning and 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese. On low heat, stir sauce and veggies until the sauce thickens.
- Mix in the chicken and sausage.Toss in the pasta.Top the pasta with the remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle a little Cajun seasoning over the pasta and top with chopped parsley.
- Serve while hot. Eoy!
You can use chicken breast instead of the chicken tenders.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: pasta, cajun, chicken, sausage, dinner, penne, family dinner, easy recipe, budget friendly