- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 8 pieces garlic & herb texas toast
- 1/4 cup Budweiser Steak & Burger Sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 jalapeno peppers cut lengthwise (remove seeds)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 pieces of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
- iceberg lettuce ( 4 pieces washed and cut to fit the texas toast)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 pieces thick bacon
- optional salt & pepper to sprinkle on each burger
- Mix the ground chuck and ground sirloin together in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the Budweiser Steak & Burger sauce , onion powder, garlic powder, coarse kosher salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Take a piece of Texas Toast and look at it to see how big to make the patties. Using the hamburger mixture form four patties the shape and size of the texas toast, place on a large cookie sheet and sprinkle the tops with coarse salt & pepper. Cover the hamburger patties and set in the fridge until you finish cutting the jalapeno peppers.
- Preheat the outdoor grill on low – medium heat.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers lengthwise and brush each side with olive oil. Remove the cookie sheet with the patties from fridge and place the peppers on the tray.
- Once the grill is heated about 15 minutes lay down grilling mats. I used Yoshi Copper grilling & baking mats.
- Place the hamburger patties, jalapeno peppers, and the bacon on top of the grilling mats on the grill.
- Grill the peppers for 15 minutes flipping each once.
- After the peppers grill the bacon and turn once. Grill bacon until it’s done.
- Grill each hamburger until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Make sure to flip each burger once.
- Grill the texas toast 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove all the ingredients once done.
- To make each burger : place a piece of texas toast on a plate and top with a slice of lettuce. Place a hamburger on top.
- Pour some Budweiser Steak & Burger sauce over the burger, add the cheese, tomato slice, one slice of grilled jalapeno pepper, and 3 pieces of bacon. Top with the another piece of texas toast and serve.
If you don’t have a grilling mat spray the grill with non-stick cooking spray before you grill the food.
- Category: lunch or dinner
- Cuisine: American