- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour plus extra flour
- 4 oz container banana baby food (or use any flavor you like)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- optional peanut butter for frosting 1.5 ounce container creamy peanut butter melted (for frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine banana flavored baby food, honey, flour, and old fashioned oats. Use a mixing spatula to combine all the ingredients together. Using the extra flour you have reserved lightly flour a flat work area. Place the dough on the lightly floured surface and knead dough together.
- Roll dough to a thickness of about 1/4 to 1/2-inch, using a lightly floured rolling pin. Use desired cookie cutters to cut out shapes, dip cookie cutters into the flour before cutting out the desired shapes. Use similar sized shapes to ensure even baking.
- Place cutouts on the baking sheet and brush the tops of each treat with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes until doggie biscuits are golden brown. Remove the treats from the oven and let cool. Melt the peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir the melted peanut and drizzle onto each treat.
6. Serve to your favorite doggie!
Adapted From: The Little Epicurean
- Category: Snack