These Baked Cheesy Spinach Tomatoes make a quick and easy cheesy appetizer. A simple and impressive recipe to serve guest.
- 3 – 4 creole tomatoes
- parmesan cheese (to your liking)
- mozzarella cheese (to your liking)
- olive oil
- chopped chives (to your liking)
- 1/3 cup chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice tomatoes into circles. Place tomatoes in a casserole dish.
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil. Then season with salt, pepper, and chives.
- Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella cheese over each tomato. Next, top each tomato slice with spinach.
- Place casserole dish with tomatoes in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and turn the broiler on. Place the dish back in the oven.
- Broil the tomatoes for 5 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool. Serve warm.
You may use basil instead of spinach.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomatoes, spinach, chives, parmesan, mozzarella, cheese, appetizer, brunch, snack, baked, easy recipe, summer, entertaining