If you like spicy food, then these peppers are perfect for you!
- 12 jalapenos
- 8 ounce package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice 12 peppers lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds. Rinse and dry peppers. Set aside.
- Place cream size in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese to the cream cheese. Mix and stir in the Cajun seasoning.
- Fry 3 slices of bacon and blot excess grease using a napkin. Crumble the bacon and add it to the cheese. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves and place them on a baking rack on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Remove from the oven using oven mitts. Let the peppers cool for a few minutes before serving.
Instead of using Cajun seasoning you could use salt, pepper, garlic and smoked paprika to season the cream cheese mixture.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: keto, snack, appetizer, easy recipe, cream cheese, bacon, cheese, jalapenos, jalapeno peppers, spicy, cajun