- 1–12oz. bag frozen green peas
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (use potato masher)
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup diced and sauteed onions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 slices cooked crispy bacon
- 1/4 cup mayo
- salt & pepper
- Cook peas according to package. Do not overcook. Remove peas from packaging and place into a strainer and carefully let cold water from the faucet lightly run onto the peas for a few minutes.
- Mix the mayo and sour cream together.
- In a medium bowl add the cheese and onions with the sour cream mayo mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in the peas and eggs.
- Crumble bacon on top of the pea salad.
- I used Sargento Sharp Cheese Bites and cut into thirds for the cheese cubes.
- Category: lunch or dinner
- Cuisine: American